Cod with Chorizo
Delicate cod meets flavourful chorizo – a lovely supper dish.
- 1 stick of unearthed® Chorizo de Leon
- 1 courgette, 1 aubergine and 1 red pepper – all cut into chunky pieces, 2cm long
- 2 cod fillets
- Salt & pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 500g jersey potatoes
- Marinade the vegetables; put the chopped vegetables and bruised rosemary sprigs into a bowl. Sprinkle with 115g olive oil and mix
- Peel the potato, then cut into cubes and set aside
- Take the filleted cod and score the skin side. Sprinkle a pinch of salt onto the skin and leave for 5 mins
- Slice half the chorizo into small discs and cube the rest
- Heat 3 pans on medium to high heat
- In one pan add olive oil along with the cubed potato until crisp and golden
- Add the marinating vegetables to a second pan and cook for 5 mins until soft, before adding to serving plates
- Use the same pan and oil to cook the chorizo until golden
- Remove excess moisture from the cod skin and add the fillets to a third hot pan with olive oil, cooking skin side down for 2 mins. Turn over and cook for another few minutes.
- Sprinkle the chorizo cubes over the vegetable mixture, lay over a cod fillet to each and top with 5-6 slices of chorizo
Tom's top tip: Bash the sprigs of rosemary with a rolling pin to release the flavour.