Privacy and Cookies
The information we collect
This applies to all information collected or submitted on the unearthed® website. On some pages visitors can make requests, enter competitions and register to receive a newsletter. The types of personal information collected via these pages are:
- Email address
- Phone number
The way we use information
Information you provide to enter competitions will only be used for the purposes of prize delivery. If you agree (opt-in) to hear from our brand partners, we will forward your details to them in a secure manner.
We use return email addresses to answer the emails we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Newsletter sign up
You can register with our website if you would like to receive our newsletter as well as updates on our new products and competitions. Information you submit on our website will not be used for any other purpose than to send you carefully selected marketing messages. We do not sell or use this data in any other way.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with brand partners. For example, we may tell a brand partner that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them and the duration we keep them for below:
|Cookie name||ID||Purpose||Source of cookie||Expires||Further information|
|Cookie banner||WordPress_test_cookie||Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled||WordPress||This is a persistent cookie, which remains on your device after your browsing session has ended. This cookie expires 30 days after it was first set.||It is not possible to opt out of this cookie as it is strictly necessary|
|Estimates our audience size and usage pattern||This is a persistent cookie, which remains on your device after your browsing session has ended.||This site uses Google Analytics; a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of this Site and compile reports for us on website activity. This cookie does not collect information that identifies an individual. For how to reject or delete these cookies see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.|
|Google Retargeting||IDE||These cookies are set by a third party (DoubleClick) and are used for serving targeted advertisements that are relevant to you across the web.||DoubleClick.net on behalf of Google||This is a persistent cookie, which remains on your device after your browsing session has ended.||For more information, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/|
|Wordfence security||Wfjt_||Cookie set by the Wordfence Security WordPress plugin to protect the site against malicious attacks.||WordPress||After 24 hours||It is not possible to opt out of this cookie as it is strictly necessary|
|Wordfence security||Wordfence_verifiedHuman||This cookie is used by Wordfence to verify you as a human user, for added security.||WordPress||After 24 hours||It is not possible to opt out of this cookie as it is strictly necessary|
How to contact us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at +44 (0) 1737 646646 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of terms
Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Google Chrome, Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood. IP address If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 184.108.40.206 Web Server Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
Facebook and Twitter
If we require any personal information from you we will request that you send us a direct message or direct you to a secure form on www.foodsunearthed.com. We will not share any of this information with a third party unless we have given prior notice. We will not ask you to share any personal information on the page wall.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online at www.foodsunearthed.com
1. Who are we?
unearthed® (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
unearthed® is a brand owned by Winterbotham Darby & Co Ltd, Gatton Park Business Centre, Wells Place, Redhill, RH1 3AS. Registered in England – Company No. 5515026. Registered office: Granville House, 9 Wells Place, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 3AS.
For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Winterbotham Darby & Co Limited of Granville House, Granville Park Business Centre, Wells Place, Redhill, Surrey RH1 3AS.
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website http://www.foodsunearthed.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use our website, make an enquiry, search for a product, place an order with us, sign up for one of our newsletters or other updates, participate in social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number), date of birth, your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services, personal description or videos of consumers trying out products.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
4. Legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
- We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. Where you have signed up to receive our newsletter, we have your consent to send you the newsletter; and/or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website and our business, in particular:
- responding to your queries;
- carrying out direct marketing;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- transmitting personal information between our group companies for internal administrative purposes;
- hosting and maintaining our website;
- providing technical support to you;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences; and/or
- ensuring network and information security,
as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us; and/or
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (for example to provide goods and/or services to you) or that you have with a third party; and/or
- where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, respond to your queries and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to deal with any complaints you make about our products or services;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- where you have provided us with your contact details, to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. This may be by post, telephone or electronic means (e-mail or SMS). If you are an existing customer, have enquired about our products or have signed up to receive our newsletter, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription or enquiry form). If you provide your details to one group company, another group company will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you opt out of marketing communication, your visit to and use of the website will not be affected;
Marketing Opt-Out – you are entitled to opt-out of marketing communication at any time and free of charge by using emailing email@example.com or by using the “unsubscribe” option included in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material received from us.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may also use any personal information that you provide to us:
- where legally permitted for specific purposes made clear at the point of collection on particular pages of our website; and/or
- where we otherwise have legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information as explained in more detail above
If you choose not to provide personal information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal information. Aside from this, your visit to the website will remain unaffected.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to help to maintain a safe and secure environment for all our staff and visitors.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive), where those purposes are compatible.
6. Disclosure of your information
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with the following third parties:
i). Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics works using cookies.
Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address, however because IP anonymisation is used on this website, your IP address will be shortened (and therefore anonymised) as soon as technically possible and before it is stored or otherwise used in connection with Google Analytics.
The anonymisation process takes place within the European Union or the European Economic Area, except in exceptional cases, where your full IP address may be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
We use the information collected by Google Analytics cookies to find out about how visitors use our website.
The IP address sent by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined by Google, with other data.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link:
ii) Sharing with our group companies
iii) Sharing with our service providers
We will let you know if we need to transfer your personal information to any third party service providers located outside of the EEA.
iv) Sharing with other selected third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If unearthed® or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where unearthed® will transfer personal data to a third country or internal organisation.
7. How long do we store personal information?
8. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you wish to:
- Access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Withdraw your consent;
- If you have any questions about our processing of your personal information; or
- If you would like to transfer your personal information from us to another person or business, please contact us.
Where you request access to your personal information, the information will be provided in writing. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you an administrative fee.
We will provide you with all rights in relation to your personal information to which you are entitled under applicable law. If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal information, you can make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. In the UK, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office, www.ico.org.uk. Contact details are typically available online, or alternatively you may ask us for assistance
Issue date: 25th May 2018